Atlanta Scales Inc.
- October 12, 1967 – Atlanta Scales, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Georgia. There were 4 equal shareholders Deane Laird, BJ Clark, EP Spivey and George Reeves
- November 1, 1967 – Atlanta Scales, Inc. officially began doing business with Al Whitten as an employee. The corporate office was located at 1135 Allene Ave. Atlanta, GA
- September 1968 – Al Whitten purchased 11 shares of stock from BJ Clark
- March 1970 – ASI purchased the remainder of BJ Clark’s shares.
- March 1972 – Al Whitten purchased 14 additional shares to become an equal partner.
- April 1972 – ASI moved their corporate office to 1082 Dill Ave. Atlanta, GA
- August 1975 – E P Spivey resigned from ASI
- March 1977 – ASI purchased land at 9999 Tara Blvd. for $11,247.80 and commenced to build a building for $40,000.
- October 1977 – George Reeves was removed as president and Al Whitten was voted in as president. George Reeves resigned from ASI.
- 1978 – Upon completion of the new building ASI moved their corporate office to 9999 Tara Blvd.
- September 1978 – ASI bought an additional acre of land adjacent to their property.
- February 1980 – ASI purchased all shares from George Reeves.
- July 1984 – ASI purchased all remaining shares from Deane Laird leaving Al Whitten as the sole owner of Atlanta Scales, Inc.
- July 1986 – Mark Whitten started with ASI as a service technician.
- July 1987 – Al Whitten purchased the building and property from ASI and began leasing the property back to ASI.
- January 1993 – Al Whitten went into partnership with Donald Robertson to open AAA Scales & Systems in Gainesville, GA.
- October 1933 – Al Whitten turned his part of AAA Scales & Systems over to Donald Robertson making Donald the sole owner.
- 1995 – Mark became service manager.
- November 29, 2001 – Al Whitten moved to part time and Mark became President of ASI.
- January 2002 – Al Whitten retired from ASI.
- December 2016 – Al Whitten sold the property at 9999 Tara Blvd and ASI moved to 2100 Meredith Park Drive, Suite 2100 McDonough, GA
- February 2017 – Jonah Whitten began working full time at ASI as a service technician.
- March 29, 2017 – Al Whitten passed away.
- May 2017 – Victoria Whitten began working full time at ASI.
Linda & Debbie
- June 2017 – Linda Mosley, Vice President and Office Manager of ASI, retired after 48 years of employment with the company.
- September 2017 – Debbie Roberts retired from the front office after 38 years of employment with the company.
- October 2017 – Change in officers at ASI. Mark Whitten remains President, Victoria Whitten becomes Vice President.
- January 2018 – Victoria joined the board of the Scale Dealers Association as Treasurer.
- June 2019 – Noah Whitten began working full time as ASI as a service technician.
- April 2021 – Atlanta Scales, Inc. purchased AAA Scales & Systems in Gainesville, GA, due to the death of Donald’s son and current owner Timothy Robertson, giving us a second location.
- July 2022 – The McDonough location moved to its new permanent location at 1933 Hwy 155 South, McDonough, GA 30253.
- October 2022 – We ceased using the name AAA Scales & Systems for the Gainesville office and both locations operate as Atlanta Scales, Inc.